Sunday, February 25, 2024

Possible Locations

 A crucial part of the planning for the opening is going to be finding good locations for all of the scenes in the opening. Because I live in the suburbs, there aren't that many good locations to film in. However, I did think of a few that I can use for some scenes.


The Alleyway

By far the hardest part was finding a good alley in my hometown. As you may have guessed, there aren't many intimidating dark alleys in my home town that looks like this. 



However, after some searching, I found what I think is suitable location. It's a passageway behind my local movie theater that is pretty dark, and although it's not technically an alley I think it would still work. 



I didn't have time to go out and take a picture of it myself, so take this google maps street view in the meantime. 


The Diner


Although I'm not sure if I will actually end up having a diner in my opening, in the chance I do, I found a few locations. 


This is the first one I found, which I would give the name, but I won't so I don't dox myself. It's a local diner that's been there for a while, but there's not much special about it. The second one I found is one with a 50s aesthetic, which I like a lot more. (Also the food is better, which doesn't matter for the film but worth noting). 




Out in Town

There is a scene where the characters are walking around in town talking to each other. For this part, I need a background that looks like the kind of place where there are gangs and crime. My hometown doesn't look like that, which don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for, but it makes it hard to film here. The only possible location in my town would be the town center. However, it's a little too cheerful for my purposes. However, it will work if I can't find a different location. 




I do think that I could make the bright colors work if I needed to, as I could make it part of the aesthetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 After nine weeks of hard work, I can now finally present The Accessory . I hope you enjoy. :)