Sunday, March 10, 2024

How Long Can Filming Two Minutes Possibly Take?

When it comes to getting this project done, I've realized there's only one thing that truly concerns me about finishing it. The filming. I mean I guess that seems obvious, because if you don't film, you don't have a... film. In all seriousness, I'm very stressed out about the day I'm going to have to film. I'm going to have to go to different locations around town, with three of my friends, and I really really really don't want to have to reshoot anything. It's hard enough convincing my friends to act once. If I get them to act again they may not like me anymore. 


Luckily, I've recently come across the realization that I am more than capable of filming this thing relatively quickly. I know I am because I've done it before. In fact, I've done something much harder. 


A short film. How long do people generally take to make one. A couple weeks? Months? Well recently I've had to make one in SIX HOURS. May I introduce to you: STN Individuals! The premise is simple: Six hours, a prompt to follow, a line of dialogue to include, and a prop. You have three hours to plan, write, and film an entire short film, then three hours to edit. This can be REALLY HARD. However, it's something that I've done, and I know that if I can accomplish something like that in six hours, I can make a two minute film opening with the planning already done. Granted, I had three other people working with me on that short film, however, I have time to actually plan in advanced for this project.


You may be wondering: how good can a short film made in six hours be? Well, I'll show you the latest one my team has made. 

Maximum time allotted: 2 minutes

Prompt: Never again

Line of Dialogue: "Don't cross me"

Prop: A cone

I want you to think of what you would make given that information. Now, watch ours and see if it looks similar.

 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yj3okej5Z_TGMExM0vzkfZd946K9GTTq/view?usp=sharing









No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 After nine weeks of hard work, I can now finally present The Accessory . I hope you enjoy. :)