Monday, February 19, 2024

Music and Mood

 I want to be able to set the mood of the opening right away with the song that I choose to use. A film that uses music to set the film amazingly is the film Almost Famous (2000). Here is a clip from one part of the movie. The song Misty Mountain Hop by Led Zeppelin fits the mood super well, the upbeat beat and lyrics matching the fun the characters are having in New York, as well as matching their conversation. 


Then in a later part of the movie, a part that is more somber, they play Tiny Dancer by Elton John. It marks a part of the story where the good times are coming to an end. 



Another movie that uses music to set the mood very well is the movie Joker (2019). In the end, when the city is in chaos, the song White Room by Cream plays, a hard rock song that has lyrics that reflect going insane. 


For my opening, I want the music that plays to introduce my characters as important or cool. I also want to make sure the song I use could be good for music sync. One song that could be good for this is Sing Child by Heart. 



Another great song for this could be Sunshine of Your Love by Cream. 

Both of these songs also have the benefit of having good instrumentals, and being fairly easy to play, meaning it would be very possible to cover these songs if I wanted to use them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 After nine weeks of hard work, I can now finally present The Accessory . I hope you enjoy. :)