Monday, February 19, 2024

Project Schedule

 One of the most important parts of a project going to plan is, well, actually having a plan. And an important part of having a good plan is having a good schedule for the project. I've constructed a project schedule to help me stay on track.


  • Week Three:
    •  Finalize Idea
    • start on script
    • write storyboard
  • Week Four
    • find song for opening
    • finalize storyboard
  • Week Five
    • Find location
    • Find actors
    • Plan on filming date
  • Week Six
    • possibly record cover song
    • find fonts
    • prepare custom design/props
    • school trip*
  • Week Seven
    • finish school trip
    • start filming
  • Week Eight
    • finish filming project
    • start editing
  • Week Nine
    • finish editing
    • graphics
    • peer review
    • final reflection

It may seem unusual how late filming is in the plan. The reason for this is something called Student Television Network. Every year, they hold a competition called Crazy 8, in which schools compete to create an 8 minute news package in just 8 hours. We are given a prompt, and we must make all the news stories fit the prompt. We must then find something in the local area of Long Beach, California, where the competition is held, and write, film, and edit the entire thing. My team practices every weekend for ten hours for this competition, meaning I won' t have enough time on a weekend to film until after March 18th. This is why lots of planning is important to make sure I will be able to fully film on time.

There is a chance I will find time to film parts I can film before the competition, in which case I will post how it changes my plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 After nine weeks of hard work, I can now finally present The Accessory . I hope you enjoy. :)