Sunday, February 18, 2024

Some Inspirations

     After going through a few potential ideas, I have decided the genre I want is Action/Thriller. I want to do this genre because of the artistic style I want to use. A movie that I really love the opening to is Baby Driver (2017) by Edgar Wright. The movie opens up with a car chase scene as they try to get away from robbing a bank. However, right before the chase, we see Baby in the car waiting for his associates to rob the bank. Here, we get introduced to the character with his interaction with the music . The opening credits to the movie in the next scene are done super stylized. Every. Single. Little. Action is synced to the music that is playing. I love the idea of setting up the mood of the film with the song that is playing.



    While I love how every movement is synced with the music, I don't want to do a long shot as my opening take. When I use whichever song I choose, I want to sync the music with both cuts and movement.


I really want the shots in the opening to feel well placed. There are times when I'm watching a movie or tv show, and I look at the shots and think to myself, "Wow that looks really good". You can make any shot make people think that if you frame it well. A good example of a film that does this a lot is Pulp Fiction, although most of Tarantino's movies are shot very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsfIB98b-8c

When I make a storyboard for my opening, I will spend a lot of time planning out each shot so every shot looks carefully planned and pleasing to look at.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 After nine weeks of hard work, I can now finally present The Accessory . I hope you enjoy. :)