Friday, March 29, 2024

I filmed! Yaaaaaaay!

So I think overall filming went well. There were a few hiccups (which I'll get into), but for the most part I'm happy with how it came out. I will also be calling the Sams by their last names for now on. 

For equipment I used my dad's camera, a Sony A6000, and my own tripod. For audio, I used voice memos. 






Chapter 1: What's Up Studs?
I picked up Pombo and took him to the location, where we met up with Armesto. Nicole came pretty late, so we filmed all of the scenes without her first. As we started of filming, an employee of a nearby store walked over a said to us and said "What's up studs? My servers are wondering what you're filming since we can see you through the window." That was a teeny bit awkward, but once we explained what we were doing and that they weren't on camera they let us keep filming. 




Chapter 2: FLORIDA
I would like to imagine you have two questions right now: What is the first problem you came across? Why are you putting parts of this blog into chapters? The answer to the second question is I have no clue. The first question can easily be answered by this short clip. 
As you can see from the clip, the lighting changed SO MUCH. The clouds kept moving and I had to adjust the iso and f-stop constantly. This normally isn't a problem, but when a shot takes multiple takes it really interrupted flow to have to stop and change my camera settings. Speaking of my camera, you may see this an ask, "Is your lens dirty?". The answer to that question is: it's a mise-en-scene element. 

Chapter 3: STILL FLORIDA
It started raining. Who would have guessed? Luckily it never really rained hard, and all of my equipment was safe, but it once again changed the lighting which was really annoying. 

Chapter 4: We are in public
I never really considered how filming this would look from an outside perspective until someone walked up on us while filming this part: 
The UPS worker seemed mildly concerned...



Chapter 5: Pizza
I realized that I had kind of begged my friends to help me with this, and I was taking up their time during spring break, so I felt kind of bad. So I decided to pay them by buying them lunch.


Look how happy they look!


Chapter 6: Finished!
Filming took about 4 hours in total including time for the lunch break, which isn't terrible considered how much I managed to film. I was very happy with how filming went, and after reviewing the footage at home I was satisfied with most of the shots. This is really the first time I've been able to take control of a project like this, and I'm really excited to see how the final thing turns out. 
Us after we finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 After nine weeks of hard work, I can now finally present The Accessory . I hope you enjoy. :)