Tuesday, April 2, 2024

finished! the opening

 So yeah, I FINALLY FINISHED EDITING THE OPENING


It took a few hours, mostly because I had to figure out which takes to use, but the process overall went pretty smoothly. 

I wasn't really sure if I was going to record my own cover song for this project. On one hand, it would mean I would be able to use a song that I love and think would fit well with the piece. On the other hand, it's very easy to tell when a song is recorded by professionals vs an amateur like myself. I really loved the way the song Sing Child by Heart would fit over the film, so I decided I would cover it myself. 


This is my super professional and not at all janky recording setup. My amplifier has the ability to directly connect to my laptop which was running Audacity.


I also used After Effects for the first time. I used it to animate the title screen, and used the 3D feature to have the title follow the camera as it moves. 
This took a little while to figure out, but it was totally worth it in the end. 

Here is the finished timeline for the video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 After nine weeks of hard work, I can now finally present The Accessory . I hope you enjoy. :)